1) it would prob be easier to type on the iPad than here on my iPhone. However the iPad is the vacation stop off for English cartoons, web-surfing, newspaper reading, and iBook reading....so it's highly in demand amongst all four of us on this trip. I get it all to myself later on ...
2) why later on? because I don't sleep very well on vacation. I mean how sad is it to say that? What kind of difficult person am I to not sleep well anywhere but my own bed!!?! Ack. It's not thro choice it's heat/buzzing flying things/and different mattresses. Totally stupid totally irrational but totally happening to me on every vacation for the last couple of years :/ I'm officially a difficult old lady!!!!!
3) and speaking of buzzing flying things... Well we don't get much in the way of bugs back home. They do here deep in the woods..So mr britguy is somewhat obsessed with ridding the villa of flies/mozzys/similar. Anything fly-ish is a mission. With his newly acquired sprays, swats, candles, tapes, more sprays and anything else the camp shop might have. He is intent on hunting them down and destroying them. It's both slightly amusing and slightly worrying :/
plus a fly swat smacking the sofa two foot away from you makes you really bloody jump. !!!!!
4) it's just after seven pm here and I'm in the shade because the sun is still strong enough to burn me. After something like ten weeks of rain in the uk the sunshine is a shock to my system. A lovely one :) weather had cleared up at home now I hear. Thank goodness because shorts and vest tshirt is now my staple wardrobe... Not sure I could bear going back to layers and boots!!!!
5) I am notoriously pale but I do go a pleasant golden tan. So does Daisy. Mollie and mr britguy do not. My lily whites ;)
However Daisy is mostly covered in bruises... Never known a kid more likely to fall over nothing/bash her leg on her bike/walk smack into something.
6) I'm not known as dr Doolittle in my extended family for nothing. I much prefer animals to people and attract animals wherever I go. Here I have made friends with a potbellied pig, a peahen, and several ducks and geese. Pig aside they can all be found on the villa patio in the morning waiting for breakfast leftovers :) the Peahen is gorgeous, we call her princess and I'm trying to figure out how get her home...
7) I bloody knew it. Gluten free is much more available here. Totally normal and even the campsite shop has a big stock of it. :/ seems only the UK is rubbish at it then!!!
8) funny how much I like self catering when travelling as a family Only so much crappy fried food you can handle before you start dreaming of goats cheese salads and fresh fruit...
This way I get to fill everyone up with salad and good stuff and then the kids can go out for an ice cream.
9) as you do on trips away, I've lost track of days and dates. I like that even tho the control freak in me stresses a little. Okay a lot. Lol. Does me good I think and it's only a week....
10) I've been making the teens-at-home send me pictures of the cat and chickens to prove they are okay. However the teens are very vague about everything at home.... I don't know if it's burnt down or just full of washing up... Im worrying ! Would anyone local like to call round 'unexpectedly' and check for me??!? Lol lol. Guess I'll see soon enough. I hope I'm wrong and teens can roll their eyes at me. *fingers crossed*
Via my iPhone.