1) Frost. Not only is it very very pretty to look at, but the cold weather is a blessing when you realise its usually raining this time of year. I will take twisting my ankle on frozen mud over sinking calf deep in it any day... Plus if its freezing cold I'm hoping its killing all the flies and bugs for next summer ;) Please note I did not say hurrah for snow! ;)
2) Shopping for loved ones. I know - you have a nightmare person to buy for and you have no idea what to get, BUT you also have a lovely lovely person or two to buy for and you get to find them something really special/silly/appropriate that makes you excited to give them.
3) TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. A real beautiful smelling pine tree, decorated exactly right, with soft lights spilling across the sitting room. LOVE it. Love buying it, love hauling it home, love the OMG its too big to fit moments and the step back and admire once it is decorated moments.
4) Foods. Not the overwhelming amount of junk kind of food, but the special only this time of year foods, that we make just for Christmas. Peppermint bark, gataeu breton, etc etc....
5) Being one of Six. Its a brief moment in time but currently we have two grown up but not yet married kids and two still at home kids. So everyone is at home for a few days at Christmas. Six of us. like it used to be, like it should be.