1) Three times already I have put '2016' Not that I am wishing this year away or anything!!!! ;)
2) Today's Winter solstice sunrise was just how it should be - windy, wild, grey and somewhat magical. But then... I am a sucker for all the Solstice sunrises. I don't even 'believe' in all that, but the history thats kept the date important, and the fact science agreed with the people from waaaaaaaaaay back and said yes this day is the shortest/longest/closest to X does give the day a bit of a buzz.
3) There are three of my four offspring with me at home. One more to arrive and then its Christmas... :) Whilst there are a billion lovely things, and moments, about the whole of Christmas, my favourite is the hubbub of my four home on Christmas afternoon. With board games being bickered over and gifts that need assembling, Hubby trying to nap, twinkly lights, tv specials and far too much wine and chocolate floating about. Its a very brief but special time. Gotta love there is a hyper active puppy in the mix this year too. Bahahahaa!
4) Who would you want to be like....? Who around you do you admire and take note of? Which of your friends and family have traits you wish you had? Never mind looking 'up' to some celebrity simply because of their fame, what real and true qualities would you have if you could? I think I'd like to be more like my big sister, who is so organised and capable, so wonderful at sorting things out, practically and artistically, that she really is Mary Poppins. I am the polar opposite. Organising is not my strong point. Yes I can see you agreeing with me ;)
5) So who gave you a gift buying headache this Christmas shopping season? Is it me or is it always the men on the list that are hardest to buy for?? They don't 'want' anything - not anything affordable anyway- and they don't have any great suggestions. Then like my other half if they DID want something they just go out and buy it. Only last week did he buy new super duper running/sports headphones. When I suggested he could have asked for those for Christmas he looked at me quite surprised and said 'but; I wanted them today!' *roll eyes*
6) Teething puppies are not easy to settle. I so wish calpol existed for them. I managed to find puppy teething gel, but she just eats it as fast as I put it on her gums. So her tongue might go numb but her gums don't get a look in!! LOL Ice cubes and soft textured teething rags seem to help a bit. bless her. Much to my delight I have found three of her puppy teeth. Much to my amusement several other people arent so keen to see and hold the teeth I've found!! LOL!
7) The rain has been pretty frequent. the fields and paths that we ride the pony in and walk the dog in, are muddy. Everything is muddy. The horse, the car, the dog, our clothes, the boots... ugh. I'll take any weather you throw at me, but just make the mud stop!!!!
8) I am down to two lists for Christmas. one to do and one to still to buy. I hope to heavens that by tea time tomorrow I will just have the to do list. Priorities have altered some what this Christmas and I now hope everyone likes their 'nice/pleasant/good gift from us. I have stopped trying to find the amazing/astounding/earth shattering gifts. We played that game where you have to list who gave you what last Christmas, just before this Christmas. Hardly anyone can list more than two gifts. So that taught me no matter how far and wide I gift hunt, its normally merely forgotten by the following christmas...
9) Daisy is turning ten this Christmas. double digits! Her birth was one of my most fabulous days, and no christmas has ever been as magical since. For once I've got two surprises for her that she really doesn't know about. That's pretty exciting! :)
10) To everyone who has made me laugh on what I have found to be a super difficult week, thank you.
Drunk - although a very famous saying tell you to "Write drunk Edit sober" sadly the 'edit' part of a blog is usually needed after you've hit 'post'!! Bit late then!
ANGRY - I am angry, or angry-ish, right now. Apparently I should step away from the keyboard. Just in case I start to rant. I don't know.... some of my best writing was when ranting. Passion and all that.... LOL!
Hungry - Your blog will be one big recipe and restaurant review.
Soooo tired - falling asleep at your keyboard results in your posting a random jumble of letters and making people think you have totally lost it. Plus drool sticks keys togehter for ages.
You are worried about people reading it wrong. - Blogs are your own thing. On here you can pretty much say what you like. As long as you know the rules and law about slander/threatening behaviour/freedom of speech, I think you can say, and should say, what you like. Don't worry if the wrong person reading it thinks the wrong thing. If the cap fits....
You are full of rash promises. - we all do it when we are blog newbies, we blog that we are going to post every Tuesday at 7am and every Friday from the top of a mountain. Then we never set foot on a mountain for two years and only post on Wednesdays. Just blog, don't overly promise about what and when!