1) I am so behind on my regular blog postings/updates and scrapbooking. This makes me pretty sad. First there was my operation in hospital, then there was a crumbling phone line resulting in no/intermittent internet for five weeks, and then Mr Britguy threw himself off a motorebike and broke his wrist. It all merged into one another and my life went on hold... Just sort of maybe kinda starting to feel like I am in normal mode again. Its not been your usual few months I can say.
2) Okay okay myabe he didnt throw himself off it, as so much as fall off it. Scrambling type bike, on a muddy rut filled lane. Mmmmmm, boys and their toys eh?
3) I miss scrapbooking for the sake of it type pages. Any scrapbooking time - like you know, if I dont sleep or something- is taken up with christmas cards/gifts/poster building. Not quite the same as the 'lets see where this page takes me' vibe. At one point this year, I had run out of pictures to scrap. I was upto date, all filed and loaded and dated. Yeah, not so much now. I'm kinda hoping for a quiet spring!!!
4) I think I have achieved 75% of our Christmas gift shopping in 48 hours or thereabouts. Lets hope the postman delivers it as fast!! I now only have the difficult to buy for types left. This year, with all we have had going on, I do feel like buying a large box of chocolates and saying hey, just have these and lets get on with planning Easter....
5) Did you know, 'they' say you become like the people you spend most time with? So, better make sure that is happy kind well meaning people then!
6) The best day last week, was spent with the girls and the pony. No hassle, no rushing, just two of my favourite people and some autumn sunshine. Booked it again for this weekend. Spent a couple of pretty fabulous days with the sunshine and pony part myself this week too. It makes my days feel so much better, that I almost want to prescribe it to anyone feeling miserable. It wears off however after a few hours back in the real world so maybe the answer is to never get off the pony? If you cant find me.... ;)
7) Went to a vintage fair this last weekend, which was far cooler than I had anticipated. Fell in love with lots of things that i am now kicking myself for not buying! Still, tis the season to spend all your money on other people and not buy the 1930's storage tins/circus lights/green vintage dress that you yourself want. Next time I'm going green dress, circus light, storage tin crazy tho!!
8) Ah, autumnal TV. Not my thing. I just dont have the time or inclination to sit and watch another X factor, celebrity jungle, reality type show. I first gave them up when I realised, couple of years or so ago, that I never catch every show and spend the rest of it going what? who? how? when? But now? my life is just fine without all the media driven gossip /judging of strangers, I dont miss it one bit. I guess its good to put on and tune out too, and I imagine its keeping therapists in jobs for years to come with the contestants. A little controversial of me to say so, but goodness me, give me a good drama/soap/three part STORY to watch instead please!
9) Went to buy more thermal tops for riding. - its so glamorous, riding ;) Discovered if you buy thermal tops 'for riding' they are super pricey, but if you buy thermal tops 'for skiing' they are super cheap. Now own more ski gear than your average skier....a cheap skier that is!
10) I couldnt use it when our wifi went down, and so now I have it back, I'd like to declare all over again that - I love instagram. I think the people I follow, and those that follow me, know each others lives just that little bit better. To see an image of an instant in their every day lives, wherever they are in the world, is rather lovely. If you dont do it, you should. Its my favourite 'social media' thing, I'd give up facebook/twitter and allllllll that but never instagram.
I leave you with my POTD -
in my happy place, with the pony and the sunshine...